|Deaf Enabled Foundation|
The Deaf Enabled Foundation is an organization that is made of the Deaf, for the Deaf and by the Deaf. It was founded in October 2009. DEF’s objective is to prepare the Deaf to walk with the times. We are dedicated to work for the development of the Deaf community and enhancing the quality of their lives by providing educational facilities, promoting socio-cultural awareness and working towards barrier free communication for the Deaf.
The main activities include Educational and Training Programmes such as Computer Courses, Vocational Courses, Practical Life Skill Training, English Courses and an Architectural Course. Besides this we also conduct Leadership Training and Advocacy Workshops, Personality Development Programmes and Seminars, Interpreting Services, Sign Language Seminars and Deaf Education Methodology Seminars for Schools, HIV Awareness Workshops, Deaf Women Empowerment and Legal Workshops for Deaf Women.
DEF has 6 centers in India namely Hyderabad, Chennai, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam, Thanjavur & Puducherry.
- International Women's Day, Empowerment of Deaf Women, Puducherry on 24th March 2013
- International Women's Day, Empowerment of Deaf Women, Chennai on 17th March 2013
- Andhra Jyothi, 3rd December 2011, Hyderabad– World Disability Day
- Dinamalar, ,25th November 2011, Pondicherry - Inauguration of New Education Center
- Dinakaran ,24th November 2011, Pondicherry - Inauguration of New Education Center
- Eenadu, 31st October 2011, Hyderabad- International Day of the Deaf Celebrations -2011
- The Hindu Newspaper, 24th October 2011, Chennai- International Day of the Deaf Celebrations -2011
- The New Indian Express, 17th October 2011, Visakhapatnam- International Day of the Deaf Celebrations 2011